Blogs Postposed. So, What Now?

Dear 5CL,

Sometimes things just don’t work out the way we hoped they would. Things go wrong, unexpected things happen, things change. It can’t be helped, life is like that.

Unexpected things have happened to us this semester and now the plans we made to create our own blogs will have to change. We don’t have time to create our blogs, as it is nearly the end of the school year. That is sad.

I suppose some people feel more sad about that, than others. When I feel sad or mad about things, I say to myself, how bad is this really? compared to some of the very bad things that can happen in life. I use the catastrophe scale to see how bad it really is. Let’s talk about the catastrophe scale and see what it is….

Go to this link and into Padlet to rate some of the things that go wrong in our lives on the catastrophe scale.

Padlet Closed Now

I always try to make the best of it when things go wrong and try to find a positive way of looking at the problem. I am hopeful that we will have the opportunity to create our blogs next year.  I have my fingers crossed!

That leaves us with an interesting opportunity. We have a few lessons together before the school year finishes and I would like to teach you about some great web tools that you can use to help with your learning. I know that you know a lot about the internet, so I would like to hear your ideas about which web tools you would like to learn and what things you would like to explore or be able to use in ICT lessons.

There is a great online chat tool we can use to share our ideas. It’s called TodaysMeet. I have created four private chat rooms for us to use today. Only people with the URL can get into our chat room, so I will only leave the links here for today, to keep us safe. We will need to get into four groups, so we can share our ideas in small groups. I have a fun way to get us into groups…….it’s a lucky dip!

Please join the chat room that matched the chocolate treat you chose in the lucky dip….

If you chose a

go to this chat room –>  Link Closed Now

If you chose a

If you chose a  

go to this chat room –> Link Closed Now

If you chose a

go to this chat room –> Link Closed Now

In your chat room, talk with each other about which web tools you would like to learn more about and what things you would like to explore or be able to use in ICT lessons. I will pop into each room and share in the conversation.

Remember to be polite to each other and to keep your chat to our topic!

Thanks for your ideas today.

Cheers,

Deb :))