Over the past two weeks, we have started to create our class blogs. In just 90 minutes we have been able to get the class blog set up and begin to personalise it for our classrooms. Now is a good time to check if we all have the components on our blogs that we have discussed.
- Chosen your theme and ensured that it has one sidebar on the right side
- Chosen a theme that makes the posts and content easy to read and easy to navigate
- Customised your theme with colours and photos that suit your class
- Set up the widgets in the sidebar to include,
- links to great websites for your students to access
- links to the other blogs at our school
- links to support and help sites
- Selected the most appropriate order for the widgets in your sidebar
- Written a permanent welcome message for your blog using the text sidebar widget
Today we will,
- Add some plugins
- Write our first post
- Create post categories
- Add an ‘About me’ page
This week we can introduce our blogs to our students!!
How are you planning to introduce your blog??