Today we are learning about how to help our friends and classmates if they are being cyberbullied. We will find out what advice we can give them.
Are you a good friend?
What advice would you give a friend being cyber bullied?
We will watch the video above, twice.
- The first time we will watch and listen to tune ourselves into the video’s message.
- The second time we watch, we will take notes about the strategies people can use if they are being bullied online.
- A book or blank paper for note taking
Our notes from the video:
Here is the advice we learnt from the video….If we or someone we know is being cyberbullied, we can tell them to…
- Ignore the bully. Sometimes it’s best not to respond
- Block the bully
- Speak up for others, stand up for yourself……but don’t bully them back
- Ask an adult for help…someone you trust
- Save the evidence…take a screen capture of the bullying
- Treat others online the way you want to be treated
- Know how to behave online. Don’t be a bully yourself.
- Be positive online. You will get a bad reputation if you are not nice online.